This week’s 13 is… 13 Vampires I Have Loved!
I’ve been a vampire maniac since I was about 9 years old, when I snuck a look between the shiny golden covers of Interview With a Vampire (yeah, I actually discovered Bunnicula AFTER Anne Rice). Not long after, I caught an entirely age inappropriate Dracula starring Frank Langella (we didn’t worry so much about that stuff in the 70’s), and I was off to the fangy races. My adoration of creatures of the night has never abated since.
This is a list of my favorite vampires from books, movies, and TV. Some are as portrayed by particular actors, and I’ll give that detail when it applies.
2. Lestat (The books, and Stuart Townsend’s)
3. Dracula (Gerard Butler, and yeah, I did like the movie :P)
4. Dracula (Gary Oldman, who makes any role better, and the movie was better too)
5. Eric Northman
6. Nick Knight
7. Julian Luna (From Kindred: the Embraced)
8. Damon Salvatore
10. Darla (Angel/Buffy) & Drusilla are pretty much tied
11. Eli (Let the Right One In, Swedish version, if you please!)
12. John Mitchell (Being Human U.K.)
13. Pam Ravenscourt/Swynford De Beaufort (True Blood)
Once again, those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. There are DOZENS of others! And some that I really loved at one time *cough*Spike*cough* who I ended up really disliking because of later characterizations. Actually, Lestat’s characterization has been so all over the place, it might not be fair not to penalize (heh, I’m twelve) him for that as well. Vampires are tricky like that.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!