I am SCRAMBLING to finish my current WIP’s and to have goodies ready for upcoming Blog Hops and HALLOWEEN SEASON… SQUEEEE!
Ehem. I’m currently reading four novels at the same time, which needless to say takes forever on top of the writing. But I saw this today, and it sounded like a really good idea. You know how your TBR breeds like bunnies on ecstasy? And there’s that bunch of books somewhere near the bottom (or the beginning, on Goodreads) that always get shoved aside for new books on the list that steal your attention, are written by your favorite author, or otherwise MUST BE READ IMMEDIATELY? Well… those poor bottom of the pile books just keep sinking farther and farther. So I’m giving this a try!
Random Reads! Give some love to the neglected parts of your TBR
Thanks to I’m Loving Books for the idea. Even though her event is over, I thought it was such a good idea that I’m going to do it anyway. My TBR (To Be Read) list is like a hutch of really horny bunnies — it grows so fast, I couldn’t possibly keep up with it in a hundred lifetimes. The purpose of the Random Reads is to give some love to the books on your TBR that get skipped over time and time again for things that sound like more fun.
From Sarah at I’m Loving Books:
• If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
• Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
• Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
• Link up to your Random Reads post (below).
• Read and be merry. :)”
The Top 10 Books that Came Up:
1. “Mauprat” by George Sands
2. “Oxford Messed Up” by Andrea Kayne Kaufman
3. “Survivor” by Octavia E. Butler
4. “Rock the Casbah: Rage and Rebellion Across the Islamic World” by Robin Wright
5. “Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1)” by Jeaniene Frost
6. “Revenge of the Spellmans (Spellmans #3) by Lisa Lutz
7. “Northanger Abbey” by Jane Austen
8. “How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire” by Kerrelyn Sparks
9. “Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations #1)” by Jess Haines
10. “L.A. Candy (L.A. Candy #1) by Lauren Conrad
Oh… there are some of those I REALLY don’t want to read, and a few I’m like YAY! I hope I can get hold of all of them. My goal is to finish these by the end of the year.
Why the Hell did I put Lauren Conrad’s book on my TBR list? Was I on pain meds that day? Oh well.
Okay, back to work now. I’ll try to report on how these reads go when I start… after my four current reads are done. The plan is to read something I want to be reading at the same time I’m forcing the TBR babies.
Give it a try! If you do, post a link here in the comments, and we can support each other if you want. 😉
Don’t miss the 18 and Over Giveaway Hop Starting Tomorrow! It runs from the 13th to the 16th, and I’ll be giving away a nice goodie package, sharing some steamy outtakes, and posting some conversation starters and polls, so stop on by for some hot paranormal fun!