In other words… my endless, ever-growing To Do list, life-life + writing life edition. Can you tell I’m kind of under the gun for an idea today? And time? I have an appointment in a few hours, then a huge freelance project, then getting my NaNo words in, then do the second draft on my next A. Sangrey Black project, and…
I’m tired now. So! List. Things I have to do, most of which you probably couldn’t care less about.
1. Doctor’s appointment – I spend a quarter of my life at one doctor’s office or another, I swear. People say “at least you have your health?” Yeah, mostly I don’t. (Nothing acutely serious, just the Crohn’s and various offshoots thereof. I’m just tired and cranky today. 😉
2. Bloodwork – Due to some of the medications I take for above mentioned chronic illness, I have to have my freaking’ liver function tested every other month. Yay. I’m such an old vet at getting blood drawn now, I can point out to the nurses exactly which vein provides the best product. I’d be a great vampire victim.
3. Shopping – I need Super Glue, printer paper, my prescriptions, and a damn treat. I deserve it. Maybe some cut price Halloween candy?
4. Freelance Article – It’s the third I’ve done in the last week that involves putting together some fairly complicated educational statistics into a blog piece that average people (like me, actually) can read and understand. It’s ugly, man.
5. Vacuum – The girls tore apart their latest cardboard scratcher and must have had a particularly wild and violent battle with it last night, because there is cardboard EVERYWHERE.
6. Get prizes ready for shipping – I swear, I want to stick to virtual prizes from now on. Real life prizes are so cool, but getting to the P.O. is a pain in the booty.
7. Write out text for upcoming Coffee & Porn in the Morning Appearance – If you’ve never been to this site and you love you some really smutty pictures, m/m fic, or just to generally be naughty, C&P is the place to be. I don’t remember how I got caught up with them, but they are awesome. I’ll be appearing twice before the end of the year, doing a giveaway each time. The first one is coming up on November 21, when I’ll be talking about the Joy of Paranormal Males. But first I have to write the post.
8. Prep for the release of my NOT SO SOOPER SEEKRIT ALTER EGO’s novellette, IF WISHES WERE SHADOWS on November 15 — ONE WEEK FROM TODAY OMG! I’ll be making graphics, planning and writing celebration events for “her” blog (and maybe I’ll interview myself here. *G*), begging for attention from book bloggers and other writers, etc.
9. Second draft of my next A. Sangrey Black story, a m/m paranormal called “True Hollyweird Night.” I finished the edits on the first draft, and now I need to institute them in the second.
10. NANO WORDS! You know, as much as I’m caught up on actual word count, I haven’t TOUCHED the project I planned to do for NaNo, THE VALKYRIE & THE VAMPIRE. I’ve had all these other short projects with deadlines, or that really call for work all at once.
11. Work on the second draft of another A. Sangrey Black m/m paranormal project, “Die for You,” which is actually aimed for a submission before the 15th. I just finished the first draft last night, so I should let it sit for a day before I take to it again for edits, but the time is growing too short for that luxury.
12. Get all my work done for VAMPIRE DIARIES at 8! W00t!
13. Touch base with all my Thursday Thirteeners!
What’s on your to do list today?
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!