I’m absolutely beat with a stick — between work and getting sick…blah blah blah. I’m sure you guys get sick of hearing my excuses. So here’s a quick list!
One of my favorite ways to celebrate the holiday season is to glut myself on holiday movies! Here are 13 of my very favorites!
1. A Christmas Story- Ralphie and his family have been at the top of my list for years. “YOU’LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!”
2. It’s a Wonderful Life – I can’t help it. The original makes me cry every year, and not a remake since has even come close.
3. Love, Actually – I can’t tell you what it is about this movie that moves me so much, especially since it’s so sad! But ultimately, in the end, it does tell a story about the beauty and pain that love can bring.
4. Elf – The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loud for all to hear! Also stars one of my massive girlcrushes, Zooey Deschanel, any my favorite version of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” Although John Barrowman and the boys from Glee did it for me as well. 😉
5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – The Island of Misfit Toys!
6. The Year Without a Santa Clause – I grew up with all these Rankin/Bass stop motion animation specials, and they still mean “Christmas” to me.
7. A Christmas Carol- the only question is which one! Seriously, I like pretty much all of them.
8. Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Heat Meiser and Snow Meiser, Baby Vixen, Jingle and Jangle? Who can say no? Another Rankin/Bass classic.
9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas must be the original cartoon, although the live action version is cute.
10. A Charlie Brown Christmas – That poor tree. At least it got to be decorated and loved… and have freaky characters dancing weird 60’s dances around it…
11. Gremlins – It is too a Christmas movie — as well as a great object lesson in following directions and taking care of your pets!
12. The Muppet Christmas Carol or John Denver and the Muppets – Anything with Muppets in it is okay by me. 😀
13. Miracle on 34th St. – The original classic. *sigh*
ADDENDUM: I CAN’T BELIEVE I FORGOT CHRISTMAS VACATION!!!!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
I hope you get to enjoy all of your holiday favorites this year, no matter what holiday you celebrate!