“The Feature and Follow is the premium BLOG HOP of Book Bloggers. Running for over five years, the Feature and Follow’s goal is to promote the book blogging and author community to join together and support each other – even if it is just through a simple follow. The FF also promotes creative post options by offering interesting topics we can all talk about and comment on! Come join us.”
Make sure to click above, stop by, say hi and follow!
What are your favorite podcasts – both bookish and non-bookish?
I’ll be honest–I didn’t listen to any podcasts at all until about a year ago, and even now there are only a very few I listen to with any kind of regularity. Here they are:
- Anything from Storywonk – Wife and husband team Lani and Alastair are geniuses, complete pop culture and literature geeks, and hilariously funny. My favorite casts by them are:
- The Writer’s Almanac – I don’t care what anybody says. I adore Garrison Keillor. No matter how over-sugary or twee this show gets, I love it.
- Buddhist Geeks – The intersection of American Buddhism and culture. It’s not just about spirituality, it’s very much about science as well, and being socially active in our modern world.
- Against the Stream – Another modern American Buddhist podcast from the meditation society founded by my favorite teacher, the awesome Noah Levine.
- Book Riot – I don’t like to listen to much commentary about books. I have specific tastes, and I don’t need someone telling me what sucks and what doesn’t. I read blogs for that. 😀 This is different, though. The hosts don’t just talk about their opinions on specific books, they talk about the publishing industry, and lots of fascinating reading-related topics.
There are a couple of others, but none that I keep track of regularly. Do you have any you can recommend?
I love meeting new people! If you look on the right of my blog, you’ll find all the usual social media suspects, along with a way to follow by email, Bloglovin’, and WordPress. Pick whichever you like!
I’m especially looking for people to join my monthly newsletter, The Monthly Muse! It has news about my work, but I’ll also discussion about books, reading, giveaways, and the writing life, as well!