Check out my Year In Books on Goodreads!
I really wanted to be able to show all the cool stats, covers and stuff here, but there was no way to do it. So click the link. It was a rocking year for reading!
I wasn’t around yesterday, so I didn’t get to share my new song! (I make it up as I go along, so… enjoy the madness. *G*) I also changed the holiday to Samhain (Sowen) for both rhythm and spiritual purposes — to include those pagan folk who celebrate this great season as a wonderful Holy Day!
On the first day of Samhain, my true love gave to me
A Severed Head in a Bare Tree
On the second day of Samhain, my true love gave to me
Two Shuffling Zombies
And a Severed Head in a Bare Tree.
Yay! It’s so wonderful here in the Adirondacks this time of year. The leaves are right at their explosive color peak, we stopped for fresh, handmade apple cider donuts at the orchard stand up the street, and I’m snuggled up at my computer in my favorite black watch flannel nightgown, wearing my fingerless writers’ gloves against the chill. My favorite weather! This is also my most productive writing time of year — I am a happy camper in the autumn. And did I mention I LOVE HALLOWEEN?
I mentioned The 30 Happiness Challenge in the title. Well, I believe it originated with Pop Sugar, based on some “happiness reasearcher’s” appearance on the Oprah show. That aside (not a fan of this kind of thing as a rule), and borrowed this version from a great book blog called Herding Cats and Burning Soup. It can’t hurt to work hard on changing your attitude!
WELCOME TO DAY ONE
Three things I’m thankful for:
1. My family — without their love and support, I honestly don’t know where I would be right now.
2. My heath — As precarious as it remains, I am so much better than I was a couple of years ago!
3. My computer — My entire universe revolves around this precious thing: My work, my social life, my Geeky Habits. This machine is a universe that I live in and love.
Well, that was nice! I can’t wait to see where this 30 day thing takes me!
* Write article (1,000 words due tomorrow)
* Write out short story I outlined
* Continue work on new novel — today, finish character notes, if possible
And of course, to read before bed. 😀 Have a great one, everybody!